Reply To: Unit 10: Libraries Transform Communities/Communities Transform Libraries

Foyer Forums Rural Gateways Professional Development Discussions – B Unit 10: Libraries Transform Communities/Communities Transform Libraries Reply To: Unit 10: Libraries Transform Communities/Communities Transform Libraries

RoxanneJensen
Participant

I loved the information in those videos and it resonated with what I believe. I do believe that libraries are a reflection of our communities. As I have participated in these programs, I have noticed, that for some reason, in our system, we are now the “STEM” library. This program has given me the “courage” to try other types of “sciencey” ideas as well. For example, this year we signed up with Museum Alliance / Star NET, and our library is participating in a monthly “Space Camp”, and we are teaching and learning all about the International Space Station and it’s astronauts. I would have never considered doing this program without the training I have received with Pushing the Limits. We are also, “branding” ourselves as: Explore, Excite, Expand at Castle Dale Library. These Pushing the Limits programs are certainly helping us do that. We are trying, I admit slowly, to find our community needs, and let the community shape us! Great advice!

Next post:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us