Reply To: Unit 9: Hesitancy about STEM Programs in My Community

Foyer Forums Rural Gateways Professional Development Discussions – B Unit 9: Hesitancy about STEM Programs in My Community Reply To: Unit 9: Hesitancy about STEM Programs in My Community

SusanRiddle-Mojica
Participant

Our patrons don’t seem to be put off by the idea of STEM or discussing science topics. Many of the regular attendees have retired from careers in the sciences and are looking for good conversations with other interested parties. For us the book reading seems to an impediment to getting more participation even though we’ve always advertised it as optional some potential participants seem to want to treat it like homework and don’t want to come if they haven’t finished the book.
I am trying a new marketing strategy and we are e-mailing our patrons who are signed up for program alerts an invitation to the program that specifically lists some on the topics/questions we will be touching on that also links to some articles that we have used to enrich the discussion and stresses that the book is optional. Fingers crossed that this will bring us some new attendees.

Next post:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us