Reply To: Unit 10: Libraries Transform Communities/Communities Transform Libraries

Foyer Forums Rural Gateways Professional Development Discussions – B Unit 10: Libraries Transform Communities/Communities Transform Libraries Reply To: Unit 10: Libraries Transform Communities/Communities Transform Libraries

CrystalDuncan
Participant

When I began my position as Library Director, I had an open mind and idea of how I wanted our library to be a community hub. I wanted it to be a place where anyone from our area could come to seek information, share information, learn, etc. I wanted everyone to feel cared about and have a sense of belonging. After some time and perhaps too much focus on data, state reporting, county requirements, book orders, my focus blurred somewhat. Thanks to Rural Gateways, I am ready to get back to my original plan and desire for the library. I am ready to refocus our mission. I want to look for new tools and encouraging learning in many different ways. I want people to share their hobbies, loves, dreams, etc. at the library. I plan to use the 3 questions from the video:
• what do you love?
• what are you passionate about?
• will you share it?

Next post:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us