Reply To: Unit 9: Planning the Motion and Heritage Programs

Foyer Forums Rural Gateways Professional Development Discussions – B Unit 9: Planning the Motion and Heritage Programs Reply To: Unit 9: Planning the Motion and Heritage Programs

JenniferTrail
Participant

For heritage I’m considering Life in a Jar the Irena Sendler project. Which is a nonfiction book based on a Polish Catholic social worker who organized the rescue of 2500 Jewish children out of Warsaw ghetto. The story has not been heard much in modern times due to Poland remaining a communist country. Until 3 girls from small town Kansas heard of the story and has now shared the amazing story. Their history project of recreating this story into a play has now been seen all over the world.
I have yet to read this book, but have heard several recommendations. I believe my participants will enjoy the human element of the story and also it relates to some of the other programs that highlight the shift that can happen in history with just one person. Heritage is an interesting topic in itself. I plan on discussing the 23 and me type services that are available now. Why are people drawn to these? What perconceived notions do people have about certain backgrounds? Is our heritage embedded in DNA or is it more local?

Next post:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us