Reply To: Unit 10: Libraries Transform Communities/Communities Transform Libraries

Foyer Forums Rural Gateways Professional Development Discussions – B Unit 10: Libraries Transform Communities/Communities Transform Libraries Reply To: Unit 10: Libraries Transform Communities/Communities Transform Libraries

DebraLeal
Participant

At the Santa Margarita library, the Rural Gateways project has definitely allowed me to have a more interactive and insightful relationship with the adults in our community. I think I have a more intimate knowledge of the passions and desires of individual community members. At our library, I have initiated a local art display, seed library, Secret Garden, school field trips, and most recently a RPG program all in response to interests that are prevalent in our community. This experience has encouraged me to continue to listen to the community when planning library programs, and in addition to think about how volunteers/members of the community can direct their skills and interests to serve the community at our library.

Next post:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us