Reply To: Unit 10: Libraries Transform Communities/Communities Transform Libraries

Foyer Forums Rural Gateways Professional Development Discussions – B Unit 10: Libraries Transform Communities/Communities Transform Libraries Reply To: Unit 10: Libraries Transform Communities/Communities Transform Libraries

JenniferTrail
Participant

Wow, what great stories. Loved the video clips too. My community has changed me in that I let them guide me on what things I look to offer. Since I came to the library just over 3 years ago with no real background in the area to speak of, besides education. I had no idea what I was getting into! I knew I wanted to offer programs and for the library to be a place where things were going on. I have to admit I was so ignorant to just HOW MANY things libraries can do. The view of my job has changed so much, like others posted some in the community now will refer to me as the go to for STEM programs or activity ideas. I love that the community now views the library as somewhere that is participating with technology and learning instead of just books. The idea mentioned in the video clip about the community is the collection really resonated with me. My building and what is offered her is such a reflection of the community and is fluid every day. Pushing the Limits program pushed me to build the confidence that I can lead adult programs. I have always worked with kids and honestly was quite terrified of adults, but so far so good! This really has been a once in a life time experience not only for me but for the way the community sees the library.

Next post:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us