Reply To: Unit 9: Planning the Motion and Heritage Programs

Foyer Forums Rural Gateways Professional Development Discussions – B Unit 9: Planning the Motion and Heritage Programs Reply To: Unit 9: Planning the Motion and Heritage Programs

JenniferTrail
Participant

I hosted my Pushing the Limits of Heritage earlier this week. We read a book called Thousand Pieces of Gold by Ruthanne Lum McCunn. My group wanted to read about a story that was somewhat local. The book is about a Chinese girl Polly Bemis who was sold and brought to America and homesteaded in Idaho. A great book! This is the first of all the selections that every single person has enjoyed. By chance I heard of a lady who had written folk songs about Idaho women in history and she had a song about Polly. She was my science partner for this event. Having a singer/songwriter was so fun. A new library patron and definitely brought an interesting spin to our discussion. I had 13 participants which was great considering 3 of my regulars were sick. I am continuing to gain members. This program has been so awesome for my community!

Next post:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us