Foyer › Forums › Rural Gateways Professional Development Discussions – B › Unit 9: Planning the Motion and Heritage Programs › Reply To: Unit 9: Planning the Motion and Heritage Programs
Our Heritage plans are connected to the book, Henna House by Nomi Eve.
We are following our same pattern:
1. welcome, signup for drawing and snacks/meal (food is related to the book/theme)
2. brief summary of book by one participant or as a round-robin discussion
3. watching the video (everyday life focus)
4. discussion and making connections between the video and book (thematic focus)
5. deeper discussion on the theme
6. wrapup and information about our next session
7. drawing of names for “giveaways” (thematic items ie. Henna paint, marriage customs, Yemen spices, etc.)
My science partner and I are starting to look at preparations for the last two sessions.