Reply To: Unit 11: Outcomes for STEM Programs

DebraLeal
Participant

At Santa Margarita Library, we have a core group of about 15-20 that readily attend our PushingtheLimits program. I gave them an opportunity at our eighth event to “nominate” a book and science partner (By way of questions listed on our program evaluation form). I received many great ideas and put them together in an e-mail for everyone to vote for their two favorites! I assigned the theme to the two winners.
1) Theme: Design Book: The Art of Tinkering by Karen Wilkinson Science Partner: Local inventor
We are planning to transform some space in our used bookstore next to the library to a “STEAM” space (makerspace + art). There is interest in our community for science, design, and creativity. We are hoping an outcome of our program will be to gain knowledge, excitement, and ideas for planning this new endeavor!
2) Theme: Exploration Book: The River of Doubt by Candice Millard Science Partner: Pacific Coast Trail Hikers
We have interest in our community in nature and recreation. An outcome would be greater knowledge of the science of survival in the wilds of California!

Next post:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us