Reply To: Unit 10: Libraries Transform Communities/Communities Transform Libraries

Foyer Forums Rural Gateways professional development discussions Unit 10: Libraries Transform Communities/Communities Transform Libraries Reply To: Unit 10: Libraries Transform Communities/Communities Transform Libraries

DonnaBlomquist
Participant

When we did our first four Pushing the Limits programs, we received many compliments from the community. In the time between those first programs and now, we became very interested in offering citizen science, which really has been well-received. Together, the response has made staff aware of the interest in science programming, especially hands-on interactive. Prior to Pushing the Limits, our interactive science has been prolific but only for youth and family programs.

I especially found the first video in the tenth unit useful. I, like many librarians, have interested volunteers, and have been unable to find enough for them to do that doesn’t also make work for myself. The idea of using the three questions to find program voluteers/leaders was amazingly simple and brilliant. I plan on using that approach immediately!

Next post:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us