Reply To: Implementing Your Pushing the Limits Programs: Strategies and Questions

Foyer Forums Implementing Your STEM Public Library Programs – B Implementing Your Pushing the Limits Programs: Strategies and Questions Reply To: Implementing Your Pushing the Limits Programs: Strategies and Questions

ArdyceBresett
Participant

Our first program in January was very well attended with 13 people and a lively discussion about the Erik Larson book. About half the people had read the book.

Our second discussion was The Land of Painted Caves and we had 9 people. It was still interesting but I was disappointed that in the days ahead of our discussion, people were telling me that they couldn’t possibly come because they hadn’t read the book.

In March, we plan to discuss the Clive Cussler book and saving the TC Boyle until April.

We have printed color posters for each book discussion and put them up around town as well as advertising in the local weekly paper, the nearest daily paper and on our website and our Facebook page. We have been providing sandwiches, snacks and coffee. The programs are on Sunday afternoons when the library is closed.

I am very pleased with the attendance as it has always been difficult to draw people in.

Next post:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us