Reply To: Implementing Your Pushing the Limits Programs: Strategies and Questions

Foyer Forums Implementing Your STEM Public Library Programs – B Implementing Your Pushing the Limits Programs: Strategies and Questions Reply To: Implementing Your Pushing the Limits Programs: Strategies and Questions

HeidiSchutt
Participant

Hi everyone!

We started with Survival at the end of January. We had almost 30 people attend!!! And they all had something to say and it was an amazing evening at our library. Unfortunately our science partner couldn’t make that event, but we wrote down questions we had so we could share them with her and I led the discussion solo. It worked out fine. Many people had read at least one of Cussler’s books, but the discussion was more heavily based on the Every Day Science video of the farming family – we are a strong farming community, so that didn’t surprise me.

Our second program was February 16 and we had 25 people to discuss Connection. Our science partner joined us this time and the experience of mixing all these different levels of knowledge and wonder was inspiring!

So now we have Nature coming up on March 6 and Knowledge on March 30.

**Facebook ads have been very successful for us for this type of program**
***I also spoke on a local radio show one morning and that got us a lot of attention***

Next post:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us