Reply To: Sharing Our Pushing the Limits Program Experiences

Foyer Forums Implementing Your STEM Public Library Programs – B Sharing Our Pushing the Limits Program Experiences Reply To: Sharing Our Pushing the Limits Program Experiences

NanAndrews
Participant

Connections was our third program and it turned out to be an excellent discussion theme. Larson’s book got us going as we explored the idea of “what IS a scientist”? This time, instead of giving a book summary, I started a round robin with participants adding two or three statements retelling the story. It was a fun way to share our reading experiences. I served a crockpot creation, Marconi Macaroni, veggies, bread and filled cannolis as dessert. Our door prizes were a big hit too – a wireless bluetooth mouse and a Morse code flasher card. The discussion ranged from sharing travel experiences, connections within families, the science of making adobe from scratch, and wonderment about what life was like without our modern screens. One participant approached me after the session and stated, “I’ve been to a lot of book discussion groups but have never had one like this…so many ideas and things to think about!”

Next post:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us