Reply To: Tell Us About Your Tradition and Transformation Programs

Foyer Forums Rural Gateways Professional Development Discussions – B Tell Us About Your Tradition and Transformation Programs Reply To: Tell Us About Your Tradition and Transformation Programs

KeriWalker
Participant

Well, we’ve been marketing all of our PTL sessions as “Dinner and a Book.” We do use the provided statement about the program on all print materials and when I talk about it I always describe what it’s about. For some reason this time the message didn’t get across quite as clearly. We had several new participants sign up, read Friday Night Lights, and show up. To orient the new participants before we got started, I explained the program and the agenda for the evening. When I mentioned that the purpose was to explore science themes in everyday life, there was an audible gasp! Based on the football book and decorations they were surprised that it was a science program. They watched the film and were eager to make the connections. It was kind of fun that they were blindsided in that way! I don’t think we will get that experience again.

Next post:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us