Reply To: Tell Us About Your Tradition and Transformation Programs

Foyer Forums Rural Gateways Professional Development Discussions – B Tell Us About Your Tradition and Transformation Programs Reply To: Tell Us About Your Tradition and Transformation Programs

SusanRiddle-Mojica
Participant

Of six who registered for the program, only two– a married couple made it in. (Heavy rain just before program start time.) We offered them the option of staying or going and they opted to stay. While there were only four of us, we had a great conversation that lasted the whole allotted time of the program and a bit more. My partner was able to talk quite a bit about science education as it is done now in her high school vs. traditional classroom setting. In addition, we supplemented the program with articles where science has either challenged or proven traditional ideas. So, we discussed recent DNA testing that showed a Viking warrior assumed to be male was actually female, testing to see if animals react to weather or natural disasters prior to their onset in any consistent measurable way, medicines that have been derived from natural traditional cures, the use of sports science and sports GPS in football training, and evidence that all dinosaurs may have had feathers. It was a great conversation. I hope more people will be able to attend next time. (Maybe, I need to learn an anti-rain dance.)

Next post:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us