Reply To: Tell Us About Your Tradition and Transformation Programs

Foyer Forums Rural Gateways Professional Development Discussions – B Tell Us About Your Tradition and Transformation Programs Reply To: Tell Us About Your Tradition and Transformation Programs

AnnabethHayes
Participant

Our Tradition program was held in November, and we had 10 participants. This time around, I decided to hold the programs on a weeknight instead of a Saturday morning, and got the idea from another library to have a “Science & Supper Club” theme. We got some different participants, served pizza from a local restaurant, and it went really well. The book I chose was “Station Eleven.” I was going to show the video on football, but, after discussing it right before the program started, my science partner and I decided to forgo it so we could have a longer discussion. The discussion went well, with most people participating.

Monday, we have our December program, discussing Lab Girl. I’ve been quite surprised by the huge number of registrants (20 people!) and am a bit worried about how they’ll all fit into our small community room, along with tables and food. What a good “problem” to have!

Next post:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us