Reply To: Tell Us About Your Tradition and Transformation Programs

Foyer Forums Rural Gateways Professional Development Discussions – B Tell Us About Your Tradition and Transformation Programs Reply To: Tell Us About Your Tradition and Transformation Programs

JenniferTrail
Participant

I hosted the Pushing the Limits of Transformation last night. We had chosen Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver. This was our most divided book yet. About half the participants loved it and the other half liked some ideas but felt like it drug on and on. The set up of how the climate change issue was presented in the book was very well done. All participants agreed that it wasn’t a book they’d normally pick up to read so I am continuing to push the limits of my group which is really fun. I only had 6 attendees last night as we had our first really cold evening and it’s getting dark earlier. I knew a few people were busy with holiday stuff. Like other groups I have gotten a few new participants, its just tricky to get all of them at one program. I have found some more timid patrons of the library have read a copy and discussed it with me, but I don’t think feel like they want to share opinion with a group. Again, this program has been so neat for our community. We plan on reading Murder on the Orient Express next month during the lull in formal programming.

Next post:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us